6.23.2010

An update, and tribute (a little late) to my fathers

Oh my.

It's been far too long and we've had far too many adventures since I've posted last. There's no way to catch up. So a brief overview... we left for Oregon early June to visit my family. We were there for my little brothers' graduation. My have they grown. It blows my mind to think... they are d-o-n-e with high school! What good brothers they are! They have so much potential and I can't wait to see where there futures take them. My mother did a lovely little ode to my brother Jacob here.

I loved being able to see friends and family. We spent our free time hitting up estate sales, garage sales, and thrift stores. My am I lucky to have a husband who enjoys that as much as I do (or maybe more... yes, perhaps.) We even were able to get out to the coast! Though the sun finally came out, it was freeezzzingg!


I left early the week before father's day, and was sad I didn't get to see my dad on father's day. But I called him, and he was visiting family in Idaho. He is so great. I couldn't have a better dad. He taught me many things, and I owe him so much. At heart, I will always be a daddy's girl. I remember when I was little following him around to hold his tools while he went around fixing things on the house. He taught me how to work and be self-motivated. A skill that is greatly needed and appreciated! Love you forever dad!


Came up to Canada to visit with Nate's family and hang out for a little while. Canada is beautiful, though it's been almost as rainy as Oregon! It is greener than I've ever seen it. We went canoeing out in a giant puddle turned lake the other night even. It's been fun to see our friends and family up here! Our nephew is getting so big and is quite a bundle of joy! It seems that skype helped him familiarize him with us. He wasn't shy at all!

We celebrated my father-in-law on Sunday with a BBQ. Makes sense... manly meal. It was a sunny day (shock!) and we were able to eat outside on the porch. Ron is such a great guy, always making people smile and laugh. He doesn't have an antagonizing bone in his body. So optimistic, clever, witty, and full of compassion. I am so lucky to be in his family. He helped raise me one good husband! Thanks for everything Ron, love you.


Hope Father's day and the start of summer has been great all around.

We are excited to leave for Switzerland FRIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Love you K8e!!! Nice post, you are one lucky girl and we are sooooo privileged to have you as our daughter.

    ReplyDelete