5.08.2010



Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there. I have had a really blessed life, full of loving women and mother figures. I wouldn't trade my childhood and those involved for anything. I have learned so much from these women and am indebted to them forever for what they've taught me, the beauty they radiate, and the love they share.

Grandma Cleone Linford is one of the strongest women I know. She has always been so vivacious and healthy. I remember growing up how she'd love to paint my nails, she would spend so much time and care on each little nail. She is incredibly driven and independent and emanates power and love.

Grandma Searle is a star. She is the ultimate home-maker. There's nothing like waking up from a nap at her farm and smelling fresh bread and new potato soup. She has mastered being a mother and continues to teach her granddaughters and great-granddaughters her amazing talents.

Grandma Grace has not been in my life for very long, but has had a great impact on me. She is the nicest woman ever. She always has a smile and is incredibly genuine. She loves people and makes sure EVERYONE in the room has a friend.

Mother. Takes after her mother-STRONG. She is woman hear her ROAARRR!! I love my mom so much. She is my best friend, my confidant, my exemplar. She has shown me how to be truly compassionate and charitable. I admire her in so many ways and owe my life to her.

Shelley is the epitome of happiness. Her laugh and smile are contagious and rub off on everyone around. She literally GLOWS. I have always been impressed by the sincere spiritual nature that Shelley embodies. She is talented in every aspect of her life.

Suzie Q. A wonderful gal. She has an amazing sense of humor and outlook on life that has carried her through many hard times. She is so optimistic and cheerful. She brings so much life into a room- everybody loves her. She is wise beyond her years. She is my champion of the world.

Vera is a mother through and through. I have admired the way that she has brought up her children and how she immediately took me under her wing when I came into her life. She is beautiful in every way. She cares so much for her family and would do anything for them. She has sacrificed so much for their well-being and has inspired me to do so as well.

Fairy Godmothers- Melissa, Lucia, Jamie. What a great group of ladies. Seriously. I am honored to have them as my guardian angels. They are a luminous lifeforce- together or separately. They are so beautiful and bring so much laughter and happiness into my life.

7 comments:

  1. I love my Katie bug soooo soooo soooo much!! Thanks for the lovely post you are my angel!! Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Katie...you make me smile. :) You are so thoughtful! Thank you. I'm lucky to have you in my life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is complete loveliness, just like you, and just like all of these wonderful women and just like mothers. What a joyous day today is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, Your Mothers Day post brought tears to my eyes. You are the most thoughtful young woman I know and bonus...you are my daughter-in-law. We couldn't have dreamed of ever having such a wonderful wife for Nathan. You are the best example in our family of pure love and goodness. Thanks for being part of us and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i gotta say, grace is my fav

    ReplyDelete